
Because I have so many pieces to show, I will add a few more today. It will take me quite a while to put them all up. This next painting is called "Floral Cascade". It is done with the street where I grew up, in mind. Especially the flowers, which my father was a master at growing, and the three houses in the picture which signifies my two best friends homes and mine.
Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. Pablo Picasso
Great things are done by a series of small things brought together. Vincent Van Gogh

1 comment:
"Art is a lie that makes us realize truth. Pablo Picasso"
In the move Closer, Natalie Portman said that the photograph in the art gallery is a lie because it looks so beautiful even if the subject is sad. But I guess, it is that lie that tells us the truth. What truth that is, I honestly still cannot figure. But I guess, a portrait is not just a portrait after all. Art shows us just how something or someone can be seen. And even if I don't really know anything about art, I feel something every time I look into a painting.
Thanks for sharing the quote, and I love your paintings, by the way. Especially the one about surviving cancer.
Post a Comment